Andi Pandi
A
thread 1/6
'Helping out corporate tax cheats is just the tip of the iceberg of “old GOP” corruption and lies since the days of Nixon and Reagan.

— They lied that if we cut taxes on the morbidly rich, the benefits would “trickle down” to everybody else.
10:36 AM - Mar 11, 2024
Andi Pandi
A
thread 2/6
— They lied that if labor unions were destroyed, “job creators” would create “prosperity” and pay workers better.

— They lied that if “originalist” judges were put on the Supreme Court, the rights to vote, abortion, and birth control would be protected.
Andi Pandi
A
thread 3/6
— They lied that Reagan’s 1983 decision to stop enforcing our anti-trust laws would make business “more efficient” and create opportunities for entrepreneurs and locally-owned businesses.
Andi Pandi
A
thread 4/6
— They lied that if we forbade the federal government from negotiating drug prices, consumers and taxpayers would save money.

— They lied that if we privatized Medicare, like George W. Bush did in 2003 with his Medicare Advantage scam, the system would save money.
Andi Pandi
A
thread 5/6
— They lied that racism was “over” in America with the election of Barack Obama, so if the Supreme Court simply let former Confederate states do whatever they wanted, there would be no more suppression and purging of Black voters.
Andi Pandi
A
thread 6/6
Every one of those lies was intended to increase the wealth and power of the morbidly rich at the expense of average working-class Americans.'

- Hartmann Report
Bren
A
In response to Andi Pandi.
I love President Biden's short responses to BS he's a pro at pinning it with very few words. I read that he once said
"Trickle down ain't working" exactly! 💯💯💯💯
10:46 AM - Mar 11, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Bren.
Me too, he’s on it and he’s way ahead of the clowns that try to trip him up. Way ahead !!
11:01 AM - Mar 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}