RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/9
Listen y'all...I was hoping not to make a new thread about this, but it has to be done. I've said repeatedly from last year that Israel has an obligation to international law/rules of engagement. I've also have been clear that Hamas is well-known for using the Palestinians as human shields.
12:22 PM - Mar 11, 2024
A
thread 2/9
It's well-known that a lot of the military infrastructure of Hamas are tunnels in ordinarily no-go zones under international law. Under hospitals, schools, homes, and mosques. This ensures that Hamas could be able to do a sympathy campaign should Israel have to make any strikes.
A
thread 3/9
At the same time however, Netanyahu and his hard-right government are more than willing to break the rules of engagement. The biggest of which is to minimize civilian casualties. Also they have an obligation to allow for aid to the Palestinians.
A
thread 4/9
Something that the USA and the international community has been doing from the stop. Also it is quite dishonest to think that Biden can instantly do simplistic things in the name of diplomacy. It doesn't work that way. The most simplistic thing I've heard is that the USA should cut off aid/arms.
A
thread 5/9
This is not helpful as Israel can and WILL get their aid/arms from wherever they can. Also Biden can only do so much. The laying down of arms is on Israel and Hamas. It too is dishonest to think that Biden (or any other leader for that matter) can make them stop. That's down to Hamas and Israel.
A
thread 6/9
Also keep in mind that diplomacy MUST take place behind closed doors. It's a general rule not to negotiate, or litigate in a public sphere. If you have a beef against Biden for doing all he can to stop the carnage in the middle east, it's misguided.
A
thread 7/9
In fact, your anger should be to Netanyahu, and Hamas. Netanyahu and Hamas are both symbiotic parasites that thrive off of this carnage. Also instead of doing the "uncommitted" bit that can bring Trump back into office, and make things worse, why not actually support Biden.
A
thread 8/9
After all, you should know that diplomacy and bringing peace is not as simple as people think it is. It's complex, hardcore, and delicate at the same time. If Netanyahu and Hamas wants to engage in peace, that's on them. However, let's be realistic, dumping on Biden isn't going to help.
A
thread 9/9
In fact, it's going to make things worse. I can't pretend I know how Biden should/shouldn't do things. However, I have to be realistic enough to know that at the end of the day, Netanyahu and Hamas are the two that need to la down their arms for the good of everybody.
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Just as Hamas & Netanyahu are using Palestinian Americans and their elected officials as human shields, no better than hostages held in Gaza. All of them pawns in Putin's game of conquest.
12:50 PM - Mar 11, 2024
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Ashanti- Na.
It’s so unfortunate how few fellow citizens realize this truth! (Why we must spread the word @ every available opportunity!)
01:51 PM - Mar 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}