Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/5
I am in awe of the destruction being wrought against the RNC/GOP by MAGA. With surgical precision, TFG and team have wiped out all the structural elements of GOP success in state level legislatures. This makes sense if you're remaking the RNC into a singularly focused
02:03 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/5
"keep trump out of jail" organization. Helping anybody else detracts from that goal.

I remember a Dem "autopsy report" from one of the elections where the GOP gained trifectas in multiple state governments. It pointed out the following things the GOP was extremely effective with.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/5
1) Adequate and targeted $
2) Unified global communication / messaging
3) minority outreach
4) Canvassing
5) Data operation (individual voter targeting)

Communications, data, and state liaisons were the primary functions gutted.

This will have big consequences. Can the remaining survivors cobble
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/5
together similar functions elsewhere? Not that much. Non-MAGA GOPers are rare and at best can operate as guerillas within the party. The data is locked down and TFG will use it to milk people for $ only for him. I do expect a few super PACs for state GOP candidates to go around TFG.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 5/5
No matter what, at this point it's going to be a show like we've never seen in politics in the US, so grab your popcorn kids.
Sandy TennisBall
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Good thread!
02:09 PM - Mar 13, 2024
RA
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Republicans have not acted as if they need to be elected in many, many years. They are focused full force on authoritarianism. Hopefully, they won't be able to steal this election, but if they do, destroying all the political structures now will benefit them.
02:06 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to RA.
I agree with you. These are dangerous times and the GOP has acted like they win no matter what.

One irony though is that the RWM machine + RNC machine got massive numbers of voters to vote against their own interests reliably. I guess my take is that this machine is being dismantled and it will
02:13 PM - Mar 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}