KJ HAGANS
A
thread 1/2
We need to have conversations about how many people have an ADDICTION to TikTok and other social media. I was addictive to Twitter. I would spend hours on it into the night and would wake up and get back on it before I would get up. It took me a long time to finally get rid of it.
Cynthia Williams @BLACKSTEMUSA
Part of the social media world is melting down because of the US House vote to ban TikTok.

Why is this such a controversial situation for the USA? Watch this 30-min TedTalk video if you want to better understand TikTok 's design along with the current benefits and problems with the platform.
TikTok CEO Shou Chew on Its Future — and What Makes Its Algorithm Different | Live at TED2023 - YouTube

TikTok CEO Shou Chew dives into how the trend-setting video app and cultural phenomenon works — from what distinguishes its algorithm and drives virality to ...

02:38 PM - Mar 13, 2024
03:13 PM - Mar 13, 2024
KJ HAGANS
A
thread 2/2
Even now, I spend too much time on Instagram & YouTube.
03:34 PM - Mar 13, 2024 (Edited)
KJ HAGANS
A
I'm 54 yrs old and grew up playing outside and reading. That help me to be able to energize myself, and cultivate other interests in another direction. Kids these days don't have a chance.
03:29 PM - Mar 13, 2024
3Cs: Cannabis, Cats, and Coffee
A
In response to KJ HAGANS.
Exactly, balance with other activities. I think there is definitely a need to strike a balance, that online activity is not inherently bad, but like most things in life requires moderation.

There is very little moderation anywhere in our society right now.
05:44 PM - Mar 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}