Lee
A
thread 1/5
My issues with the HP series, a thread🧵 (language will not be polite 😂):

- constant child endangerment that never seems to get addressed
- abusive behavior by Hogwarts teachers never gets addressed (looking right at you Snape, no your actions before death don't absolve you of that bullshit)
10:15 AM - Mar 14, 2024
Lee
A
thread 2/5
- Dumbledore, the fuck can't you control what goes on at your school? Oh right you're just a different kind of abuser that gets excused.
- (I'm resisting the urge to just make a single post in here of "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE")
- Tonks & Lupin - I don't have to explain this one do I? lol
Lee
A
thread 3/5
- Harry having to be sent back to his abusive relatives over and over again
- then of course she has to dangle a loving uncle in front of him before killing said loving uncle off
- the awkward at best handling of SPEW and subsequent forgetting that it ever happened?
- THE CHILD ENDANGERMENT
Lee
A
thread 4/5
- the "20 years later" ending, dear god what a terrible ending
- the only time Harry doesn't have to live with abusive family is the last book when he is literally a fugitive
- Mrs. Weasley's passive-aggressive bullshit
Lee
A
thread 5/5
- Snape's "redemption" is literally just wishful thinking, the false idea that an abuser will finally recognize & care for you because you have finally done "enough" for them
- don't make Dobby have to die for Harry wtf
- this is not a complete list

Okay cool good talk (thanks for listening 😂)
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
I would add:
— the goblins — the antisemitism in this storyline is abhorrent,
— Rita Skeeter’s storyline has got some elements that could be read as transphobic at closer examination.
In response to Lee.
10:22 AM - Mar 14, 2024
Lee
A
In response to Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz.
Good additions, there are sadly a lot more examples that I didn't even learn about until years after reading them
10:24 AM - Mar 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}