Edmund
A
thread 1/8
Unfortunately, my petition to the Supreme Court for a writ of certiorari was not considered timely. The language around the deadlines was confusing, and the clock started running from the date of denial of reconsideration, not the date of the mandate issue.
05:50 PM - Mar 14, 2024
Edmund
A
thread 2/8
As a result, my paperwork was due on or before February 27, 2024, but they didn't receive it until March 8th, postmarked March 5th - 8 days later. Therefore, the Court no longer has the authority to review the petition.
Edmund
A
thread 3/8
While this is disappointing, I know I gave my full effort to this case on behalf of veterans. The providers that allowed suffering will likely not face justice or reform as a direct result of our case, which is truly tragic.
Edmund
A
thread 4/8
However, I was limited by circumstances and complying with the complex rules proved challenging without assistance.

Moving forward, I believe it's still important to bring the truth of what happened to Congress and the authorities, as well as to the public.
Edmund
A
thread 5/8
This was always going to be an uphill battle as a pro se litigant, but I remained determined to advocate for my father and other elderly veterans. The system can certainly be improved to provide more guidance, especially when one is navigating it alone.
Edmund
A
thread 6/8
While I may have missed a deadline, I do not regret the energy and perseverance I devoted to seeking justice and reform. This experience has only strengthened my resolve to continue fighting for dignity and quality care for our nation's heroes.
Edmund
A
thread 7/8
With wisdom gained, I will explore alternative avenues to share the truth and pursue positive change.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}