RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/8
Now, y'all if you think the writing is on the wall for Trump winning the White House, y'all are just being suppressive in your words and actions. Now you should know that reality and media fantasy are not the same. The reality is this..we are getting people on board and this is actually good.
05:59 PM - Mar 14, 2024
A
thread 2/8
Even Dems who won't vote are starting to get the message. Even with Post Cards/letters they're being reminded to participate. Also keep in mind that they realize from 2016 that sitting out, or throwing their votes away to a third party is troublesome.
A
thread 3/8
Now, if you wanna reach the third party voters, lapse Democratic voters, and new voters...suppressive language/actions ain't it. You MUST make sure that you make them feel like they're a part of the winning team. I'll be out and I'll say this...I've noticed some suppressive language here.
A
thread 4/8
Frankly, I don't like it. Secondly, we know that we must do the work required. That means putting feet on the ground for canvassing, letters/post cards, phone/text banking, donating to the Dems, VOTING, and making sure others vote/turn in their ballots. Now, how do we do that?
A
thread 5/8
It's simple...you must BELIEVE you're a winner. Make sure others get that vibe. Also be positive, but also honest and realistic. Being honest and realistic does not equal being suppressive and doomeristic. That's the direct opposite.
A
thread 6/8
Being honest and realistic means you never take things for granted. Nor does it mean you assume a result is a foregone conclusion. If you want Biden and the Dems to win...you know what you have to do. The doomsaying, and the suppressive language is not realistic, or vigilant. It's the opposite.
A
thread 7/8
It does nothing, and doomsaying and suppressive language HURTS us in the end. This is the same thing that hurt us in 2016. We cannot have this happen in 2024 and from here on out. To dismiss the Dems gains, and the Dems making inroads is folly.
A
thread 8/8
Remember, Biden is making an overture to the Haley voters. Also remember that Biden is still making his inroads for the traditional Democratic base as well. If we want to win...we better believe we can win, and act like we can win. The alternative...would be 2016 on steroids.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}