Joel
A
Spoutible and BlueSky should merge @cbouzy ... any developments in this direction? It would be an absolute powerhouse!
11:32 PM - Mar 14, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
This is a deeply terrible idea that no one here would want.

The whole point of this place is to get away from Jack Dorsey's bullshit. Why would we want to merge with Jack Dorsey Bullshit round 2?
02:08 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Our posts are already linking to Bluesky. It seems like the natural evolution to do that, or maybe link to Mastodon's fediverse.

I assume you guys actually want reach?
02:10 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
I dont care about "reach". (and I dont have a bluesky account - I will never go near anything Jack is involved with ever again.) I care about the culture *here*. Not "reach".
02:12 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Fair enough. As long as you're happy, I guess.
02:12 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
Im a quality over quantity person.

Id rather have a smaller number of people in a better environment than a bunch of people in one run by someone who can't be trusted any farther than I could throw the moon.

YMMV, as always.
In response to Joel.
02:14 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Genuine Question: Do you think you get that over here vis a vis Bluesky/X/Threads?
02:16 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
Genuine Answer - I was a VERY early twitter adopter. I had 9 accounts. One of them was one of the first 100k on the site. So I was there for *all of it*. I left *the day* Spoutible opened and have not gone back.

So, yes.
02:19 AM - Mar 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}