John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
thread 1/6
Remember when I told y'all yesterday that I was going back to journalism?

Let me stop first and thank those who responded. Your support makes this even more exciting for me. ❤️❤️❤️

Anyway, I mentioned that I was going to take some time to figure out my path forward. The truth is, it's mostly
09:19 AM - Mar 15, 2024
A
thread 2/6
figured out.

Back story. Starting in high school, despite being somewhat shy and not having a boyfriend, friends of mine would always come to me seeking advice. And somehow, I managed to give pretty decent advice. I didn't know then what I know now - I'm an empath. I'm in tune with other's emotions
A
thread 3/6
and, being removed from these situations, was able to gage things from a different perspective.

This continued through college and in my sophmore year, someone suggested I study psychology. Two words - HATED and IT. So, being a psychologist was a NO.

Fast forward to, mmm...about 3 weeks ago.
A
thread 4/6
A friend of mine, a former journalist-turned-advice columnist, contacted me.

"I get too many letters, wanna' get in on the act?"

Yesterday, I was on a zoom call with my friend and a focus group of about 35 people. I blacked out my screen, they read their questions and I gave my advice off the
A
thread 5/6
cuff. It was fun and hysterical and most of all, exciting.

About an hour after I logged off. My friend called. "THEY LOVED YOU!"

She spent time surveying them and, in conclusion, all 35 said they would subscribe to my column.

So, there you have it. You're looking at the newest advice columnist.
A
thread 6/6
My friend and I tossed some ideas around about what it would be called, and there was only one that stuck with both of us.

Wait for it...

DEAR JOHN 🤭

Beginning January 1, 2025.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}