Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
thread 1/2
Dear @prime , hulu, disneyplus , @netflix and other streaming app, please LISTEN TO US:
IF WE WANTED ADS, WE WOULD HAVE JUST STUCK WITH CABLE! I know for me, the whole purpose of me subscribing to you all was NO ADS!
12:32 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
thread 2/2
Charging extra for no ads when I’m ALREADY paying extra seems like a good way to lose subscribers. Just thought I’d throw that out there.
12:32 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Tammie Brockway
A
In response to Long Haul Voter - Tasha.
Yes! My very thoughts on the subject! It’s blackmail - pay more, or you get commercials!
04:01 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Dee Jay
A
Any time I sign up for a streaming service I always get the no ads option. The only time I see ads nowadays is if I watch a live event on there, which is rare.
01:15 PM - Mar 16, 2024 (Edited)
Jeff Russell
A
One of the benefits of a Prime membership for me was watching videos. When they announced we'd have to pay more to watch ad free, I canceled my membership.
01:15 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Just Curious About Stuff
A
I guess they realized their business models for streaming revenue isn’t as solid as they all thought

If I want to pay for ads to view something I’ve already paid for, I’ll watch a movie in a fucking theatre
01:10 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Just Curious About Stuff.
Right?!
06:36 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Alexander J. McKinley, QBE
A
If you sign up for their promised service of 'no ads' and they then turn around and say you'll have to pay more to AVOID ads it constitutes, in my humble opinion, a breach of contract and fraud.

All of them should be hit with class-action lawsuits.
01:04 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Alexander J. McKinley, QBE.
Agreed!
06:37 PM - Mar 16, 2024
R o K p h i s h
A
20 year Amazon Prime subscriber here, before there was even a Prime Video. Cancelled Amazon Prime on January 29th, the day ADs went live on Prime Video.

Fuck you Jeff.

Signed up for AppleTV+ ... $10.00 a month and No Ads
12:43 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to R o K p h i s h.
I may have to do that, it sucks! 🤬
06:37 PM - Mar 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}