Literate Lawyer
A
thread 1/7
#bookrecommendation #bookreview THE STORYTELLER by David Grohl (audiobook). Dave himself is the reader and it’s as if he’s in the same room regaling you with his exploits.
01:33 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 2/7
But if you’re offended by the f word, you may want to skip this or at least opt for the printed page, which has the added benefit of pictures. Full disclosure: I’m a music biz veteran and longstanding Grohl fan.
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 3/7
But even if you’re somehow not a fan, I think you’ll still enjoy this aptly titled book.
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 4/7
Dave shares plenty of stories—from crazy rock antics to tales of friendship, family, deprivation, persistence, loss, sacrifice, luck, ghosts and aliens, but above all, this book and Dave’s life are about discovering, embracing and living your truth. And love. Lots of love.
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 5/7
His well-known affection for his mother is a common thread, as is the profound influence she continues to have on his life and his relationship with friends, other musicians and his daughters, who are clearly the light of his life—he once flew halfway around the world to attend a father-daughter da
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 6/7
nce in the middle of an Australian tour. I did not know about his spinal deformity, which forced him to wear a lift in one shoe from an early age, but in true Dave fashion, he decided he liked being different and didn’t let bullies define his self-image.
Literate Lawyer
A
thread 7/7
Sure, Dave can be wild and crazy and is a phenomenal talent but his compassion, loyalty, kindness and down-to-earth, accessible demeanor are his most endearing qualities. Music and love are universal languages and Dave Grohl is clearly fluent in both.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}