Bob - Garden is Life
A
This is four days after prepping and planting dry overwintered common geraniums. No matter how many times I do this, it still amazes me how fast they start coming back. Second pic is what they looked like the day I pruned and planted them.
#Gardening
11:49 AM - Mar 17, 2024 (Edited)
Kate Woods Walker
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
This is my first year of trying to overwinter geraniums. Wish me luck. I know at least one stem made it.

Two more days of near-freezing nights where I am, and then its planting time for me. I'm jazzed.
#gardening
02:29 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
Fantastic! Converting from treating geraniums as annuals to overwintering and cutting propagation has been the most cost effective gardening thing I've done. Did you overwinter bare root or in dirt? I did 30 this year and 2 didn't make it and 2 got planted, but are iffy. About a normal survival rate
In response to Kate Woods Walker.
02:52 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Kate Woods Walker
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
In dirt. I'm also getting back to starting from seed.

I had a huge garden that's been fallow for years. I'm just now physically able to get back to gardening (after Covid), and I can't wait.
02:58 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Kate Woods Walker.
I'm so glad for you. The first week you cannot overwater when bringing in-dirt geraniums out. Keep them damp and give as much light as you can.

I tried from seed, but have better success with cuttings. There is somebody around here who does seeds with great success.
03:10 PM - Mar 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}