Michael Osborn
A
The link Mr. Bouzy provides is worth a very careful read. In order to vote, you HAVE to provide to your county (which is passed on to your state) all the information on your birth certificate plus your current residence, phone number and current official photo.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
Last month, a reporter contacted me about a disturbing campaign organized against me on a forum using my old voter registration data from NY. We need new laws to address this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/17/the-losing-fight-to-keep-your-voter-registration-data-priva...
11:20 AM - Mar 17, 2024
11:37 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Michael Osborn
A
In response to Michael Osborn.
If it operates in good faith, your state will need this to make sure your residence (and thus your polling place) hasn’t changed, you haven’t died, or moved out of state. But this gigantic trove of personal data needs to be treated respectfully.
11:42 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Michael Osborn
A
I remember when I could write down a license plate and call the DMV and they’d give you the owner’s name and address. For privacy, that stopped quite some time ago. The state’s voter information (don’t care what the Supes say) needs to be as closely held and only available to other states.
11:47 PM - Mar 17, 2024
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
Depends on the state but sometimes you can look up unpaid tickets and just use any license plate and viola... you have the name and address. 😉
11:49 PM - Mar 17, 2024
Michael Osborn
A
And the feds, of course. Political parties, all of them, need to develop their own data from their own members. End of rant.
11:49 PM - Mar 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}