Read aBannedBook
A
Just a big rectangle of dirt now, but I planted cabbage, collards, turnips, Swiss chard, and okra seeds. Tomato, eggplant, and pepper plants will go in later. #Garden2024
01:02 AM - Mar 17, 2024 (Edited)
Norona Zil
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Tell me you don't have deer without telling me that you don't have deer.
04:59 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Norona Zil.
I have a six foot privacy wood fence for the back yard to keep the deer out. So far they haven't jumped it though I've heard of deer jumping that high. The other day 10 or 12 deer ran down our street. So yes tons of deer. Wish me luck they never find the back yard garden behind the fence.
05:13 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Norona Zil
A
I live on a hill, probably about 14 feet elevation change between back and front yard. Across the street is a hillside. One time something startled a buck in the back yard. One bound from the back yard to half way up the side of the house. Second bound to the center of the front yard.
05:20 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Norona Zil
A
Third bound over my car to the middle of the street. Fourth leap from the middle of the stree to the top of the enbankment. Each jump was about 7 feet high and 20 feet long.
05:20 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
Yeah they're amazing. We've heard they don't usually jump high fences they can't see through but who knows. I didn't want an 8 foot fence. Too expensive for one.
05:27 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Norona Zil
A
The neighbors have a chicken wire fence and I guess they really can't see where the top is? They never jump over it.
05:29 PM - Mar 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}