Angela
A
Miss Angie is being a bit harsh on herself here. The truth is that the mental health care in this country is very hit or miss and while there are fantastic people/institutions who really do help there are also some really toxic ones too and/or sometimes things just aren't the right fit for you.
Miss Lil' Bit Angie @Neurofabulous11
Sometimes insight doesn't hit you until after you did or said something. I know we like to promote if it doesn't apply to you, then it isn't about you. ♊
Due to past trauma, I have been harsh towards our mental health system in general.
And that's not fair to those professionals who are truly there
11:05 AM - Mar 19, 2024
11:09 AM - Mar 19, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Angela.
Knew too many of the latter in my youth, just now finding the former. So yeah.
11:30 AM - Mar 19, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Ground Control.
I can unequivocally say that I have had some absolutely horrific experiences in the system but that I also would not be alive today without the incredible help that I also received.
11:35 AM - Mar 19, 2024
Dıanna
A
In response to Angela.
It's definitely not a "one size fits all" situation. Which is incredibly frustrating and sometimes damaging.
Meditation can be extremely powerful - glad it works for you
11:30 AM - Mar 19, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Dıanna.
What saddens me is how limited the availability of resources are which can make it near impossible to shop for the right therapist. I tell people your first couple of sessions should feel like a job interview for the therapist and if the fit isn't there move on but that assumes choices.
11:32 AM - Mar 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}