Danielle Johnson
A
thread 1/4
I had an abortion. I wasn’t raped, I wasn’t sick, the pregnancy didn’t threaten my life. I got pregnant on the pill. I wasn’t reckless. I didn’t forget to take it. It’s 95% effective. I was 24. I made the decision that was best for me at the time. I wouldn’t change a thing.
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn @fibonaccigirl
I had an abortion. I wasn't raped, I wasn't sick, the pregnancy didn't threaten my life. I just didn't want to be pregnant, & so I had an abortion. You don't need any other reason than you don't want to be pregnant. That's it. It's not complicated & it's no one else's business or decision.
10:20 PM - Mar 19, 2024
10:32 PM - Mar 19, 2024
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 2/4
At the time, Illinois did not allow abortion past first term. I found out when I was 10-1/2 weeks pregnant. After taking the time to weigh the options with my boyfriend, and my parents, and getting an appointment, I was outside the window for Illinois, so I had to go to Wisconsin. My Mom took me.
10:55 PM - Mar 19, 2024
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 3/4
I worked for a small, Liberal Arts college at the time, late 80’s. Believe it, or not, my insurance actually covered the procedure. I couldn’t have the procedure in my state but my insurance covered it! It breaks my heart that making that decision is no longer in the hands of women in many states.
11:06 PM - Mar 19, 2024
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 4/4
It’s a decision that deserves a choice. Not by legislatures still dominated by old white men, but BY THE PEOPLE. PUT IT ON THE BALLOT! Let the people have their voice.
11:09 PM - Mar 19, 2024
Tony
A
In response to Danielle Johnson.
Thanks for telling your story, governments have no place in this issue except to create the conditions in which people can make decisions for themselves…
11:45 PM - Mar 19, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Danielle Johnson.
100% sister. #NormalizeAbortion
10:35 PM - Mar 19, 2024
Danielle Johnson
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
You started it. 👊🏻
10:50 PM - Mar 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}