Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 1/5
Benjamin Netanyahu, who opposes the U.S. president on Israel's conflict w/HAMAS, is currently behind closed doors at the U.S. Capitol w/just republicans.
01:12 PM - Mar 20, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 2/5
Consider: What if it were Vladimir Putin and some of his loyal generals and staff inside our Capitol behind doors w/ just republicans.
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 3/5
In my opinion allowing closed door meetings between a single political party and a foreign leader/delegation, could be a recipe for nefarious actions, espionage or worse. I'd feel the very same way were it DEMs doing this.
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 4/5
Such meetings, if allowed to occur at all, should include any member of congress that wants to attend, and the press, minimally. If a party wants to meet w/a foreign leader, let them travel to the foreign land to do it, so voters can make a choice.
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 5/5
History informs us that there's been many times when members of congress opposed the POTUS, official policy or the widely held views of the American public. We literally made laws to keep confederates out post-civil war and arrested NAZI criminals and some sympathizers during the WW2 era.
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
I initially reported that Netanyahu was on Capitol Hill. I've learned he was not. His meeting w/senate republicans only, was live via video. In my view, that doesn't change the point, at all.
03:06 PM - Mar 20, 2024
Karavelle Gregory
A
Democracy dies in darkness.
Open hearings or fuhgeddaboudit.
02:37 PM - Mar 20, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
All of this thread! 👏🏽 Republicans are making a good case for pushback re: “zero representation”. Why do they get to host private meetings w/ nation’s leaders behind closed doors, in “the people’s house”? Why would any leader come to the US, but not meet with POTUS? Who will they invite next?
02:37 PM - Mar 20, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
Republicans' moment to shine and pile shit on Schumer, apparently.
02:35 PM - Mar 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}