Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 1/10
From FKAT: ProgressiveTex
I live in South Texas. I have watched our border for years. The one thing that really pisses me off is when some MAGA cult member who has been drinking from the right-wing propaganda hose for years tries to tell me what I have experienced, what I have lived.
10:36 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 2/10
Here’s the reality…Under Obama/Biden the border was its most peaceful in 20+ years. When Trump took office everything blew up, caravans, disgusting detention centers in shopping centers, horrific child separations. A paper quagmire that the Biden administration is still sorting out.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 3/10
Nobody working for Trump was serious or had a plan. They just escalated cruelty and didn’t do any of the paperwork. Like everything Trump did it was inept, incompetent, more harm than good.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 4/10
Trump’s entire administration was a series of incompetent missteps. Covid, body bags, billions in misplaced or stolen stimulus, 8 Trillion added to the deficit, stock market crash, rising inflation, security breaches, loss of classified documents,
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 5/10
fake electors scheme, the ridiculous, violent, seditious insurrection at the capital. All of the above while his corpulent ass golfed over 365 days out of four years.

Don’t come on my timeline trying to impose your artificial reality that Obama (Black man bad!!!) caused the border crisis
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 6/10
caused the border crisis and the fantasy that the border was secure under Trump. There’s a difference between what Trump says and what he does. He has always been all talk and no action.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 7/10
Right wingers today are manipulating the gullible, using footage that was taken months ago and screaming “invasion!”. It’s important to remember that Republicans want it to be crazy, they need it to be crazy. That’s why they blocked the most significant border reform legislation in decades.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 8/10
They can’t complain about Joe Biden if we fix the problem. I for one am tired of our border culture being used as a political piñata by hacks that don’t understand it.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 9/10
The border can not be closed. If it is closed it has a negative impact on US GDP of $2 Billion a day. Families live on both sides of the border. People cross the border everyday, each way, to go to work, school, volunteer.
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
thread 10/10
Secondary portion coming...
Bob Alberti
A
In response to Lei`alalani AAPI.
Yep. I raised my family in the same neighborhood as George Floyd, and had smoke from the fires rolling over my house. I love hearing from Fox and Newsmax viewers about how violent my peaceful little neighborhood was, and how awful all my kind neighbors are. They're all cowardly racist chucklef**ks.
12:15 PM - Mar 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}