Karen Springer
A
If you go to watch the Boston Marathon, other spectators expect you to participate in our one job: supporting the runners. Loudly. Over and over and over, until you leave. They need you. Believe it.
Brookline, Massachusetts
April 2016 #DailyPictureTheme #believe
10:41 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Gee Cathy
A
In response to Karen Springer.
For many years I lived in walking distance to route, my children loved cheering on the runners
11:02 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Gee Cathy.
Cool!! I absolutely love it! It's really addictive. I have a hard time leaving. If you get to the finish line late enough, you can sit in the officially grandstand seats. I watched this from the governor's wife's chair. It was after 7pm.
11:10 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Shogan and the Star Wars Cats
A
If you aren’t hoarse the next day, you didn’t do it right. 😄 We like to set up around the Beacon & Park Dr intersection area where there’s only about a mile left and give the runners that boost of encouragement to get to the finish line. 🏃‍♂️
10:54 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Shogan and the Star Wars Cats.
Exactly!
I park in Brookline and walk to the finish line, and back. I've seen people still trying to finish, well past 7pm. I clap for them, too.
It's my favorite Boston holiday.
11:01 AM - Mar 22, 2024 (Edited)
Adam Gaffin
A
It's cool to see the leaders zip by, but, yeah, the real fun starts when all the back-of-the-pack runners show up and you yell your support.
10:43 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Adam Gaffin.
When I first started going, I'd get there early, for the elites. But I soon realized it's the middle to end of the pack that needs you! I watch the winners on TV, then head down. I park in Coolidge, then walk to the finish line and back. I see all the stragglers! #BostonMarathon
10:47 AM - Mar 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}