Gabrielle
A
thread 1/10
Today's #stupidbutfunny work episode might take a few spouts because I really didn't know this was something that has to be explained to full grown adults. So brace yourself
07:58 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 2/10
#stupidbutfunny so my coworker gets a call from someone new to the practice claiming to be in pain and wants to be seen. She makes him an appointment. But like any medical place there's paperwork that you need to fill out. Now it's all electronic so you can do before you show up. She sends it to him
08:01 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 3/10
#stupidbutfunny after an hour or so we get the paperwork back and my coworkers face looks very confused. What's up? That new pt? He checked "Yes" to having flu-like symptoms on our COVID form... 😐🤨
08:03 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 4/10
#stupidbutfunny Well maybe it's a typo? It's gotta be right? Or he meant, yes I have no symptoms. Easy mix up. Either way, this guy's getting a phone call
08:04 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 5/10
#stupidbutfunny so my coworker calls this man. Myself and my other coworker return to our jobs but can hear her call. "Hey Mr. ___ it's the dental office. I saw you checked Yes to the flu symptoms?..... Oh. Uh-huh. So YOU DO HAVE THE FLU. YOU TESTED POSITIVE YESTERDAY?" needless to say, WTF?!
08:08 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 6/10
#stupidbutfunny for the next 10 minutes my other coworker and I are listening to our side of the phone call as our colleague on the phone has to explain why we will not be seeing this pt today.
08:09 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 7/10
#stupidbutfunny WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WONT SEE ME?!
Well sir, you have the flu.
ITS JUST REGULAR FLU!
😐🤯
08:11 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 8/10
#stupidbutfunny
Sir, it doesn't matter what kind of flu. We're still vulnerable and you could pass it on to us and our other patients here.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS! YOU GUYS WEAR MASKS!
Yes. But we're still the most vulnerable bc we'll be working in your mouth. And masks don't protect 100%.
(Us...)
08:15 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 9/10
#stupidbutfunny I'm sorry sir, but since you have the flu we won't be seeing you today. With the tools we use the micro--
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND TERRIBLE SERVICE! IM GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! *Hangs up on coworker*
We stare at her and she's just sitting there stunned:
08:19 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Gabrielle
A
thread 10/10
#stupidbutfunny I ask my coworker: Was that an actual adult?
-Thats a 45 year old man I was talking to! Who has kids! I could hear them in the background while he was yelling at me! WTF JUST HAPPENED?!
Shes so stunned she had to walk away for a minute. Meanwhile my other coworker and I:
08:24 PM - Mar 22, 2024 (Edited)
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
In response to Gabrielle.
Just sayin' I might be leaning toward cutting him maybe the tiniest bit of slack. Pain is known to turn grown men into big babies.
10:00 PM - Apr 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}