Socio-gen
A
thread 1/2
My son (35) was shocked when I explained to him how it worked for me prior to 2011. I couldn't get insurance at any price, made too much for Medicaid. Only filled the script that keeps me alive (not the 3 I need) & my mom paid half. Saw my endo 1x/yr and he paid for my lab work out of his own po
✨Witchy Woman✨ @wicked_wiccan76
I wish the younger generations could fully understand how awful health insurance was before Obama came. I was paying $300 copay for generic birth control pills in college MONTHLY. When I tell them they don't believe me. THANK YOU OBAMA!!!
03:26 PM - Mar 23, 2024
03:45 PM - Mar 23, 2024 (Edited)
Socio-gen
A
thread 2/2
I owed over $100K in medical debt, and that was just for the previous 7 years. I'd owed MUCH MORE (close to $450K) but in PA, the worst they can do (if you don't own a house) is send you to collections, so I had shitty credit for 3 decades until the last of it fell off in 2018.
03:50 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Cindy Martinez
A
I had no insurance prior to ACA while I was bartending. I only saw my PCP if I was really sick. I saved up $100 just to see her, and I don’t remember how much my blood tests and prescriptions cost. Hundreds, maybe? ACA helped me out esp now with all my health issues. Thank you Pres. Obama.
In response to Socio-gen.
04:56 PM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}