SoundNFury
A
thread 1/8
This is just how I look at it - in broad, abstract/philosophical terms.

The rise of Christian Nationalism (fascism) that the Republican Party has fully revealed itself to be made up of/support, is caused by white supremacist patriarchy dying.
02:32 PM - Mar 25, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/8
What we've been seeing over the past several years (let's say since Obama got elected) are white men (and the women who support them) collectively losing their shit. It sounds counterintuitive to say that their hegemony is fading out, but it is.
SoundNFury
A
thread 3/8
That's why they are fighting back so hard and going full-on authoritarian.

The systems/institutions that we have (justice, media, Congress, etc.) all have white supremacy baked into them.
SoundNFury
A
thread 4/8
It's just plainly obvious, not just from tfg - but from the other white men who have caused unprecedented damage to our economy/society and gotten away with it virtually unscathed (bankers, "too big to fail," anyone?
SoundNFury
A
thread 5/8
) The system just works for them - and their advantages become exponential when you're talking about somebody like tfg who is the de facto leader of the charge to keep white supremacist patriarchy alive and well.
SoundNFury
A
thread 6/8
It's not lost on me that the only person from tfg's administration who will see the inside of a jail cell (up to now) has the last name "Navarro" either.

As such, I really don't see "the system" ultimately holding tfg to account.
SoundNFury
A
thread 7/8
Maybe if we vote in numbers too big to question (they will question it regardless) and he loses again, MAYBE he will see an actual consequence - but it will be years after the fact. And even then, I doubt it.

I don't say this to be negative. It's just how I look at our society/country.
SoundNFury
A
thread 8/8
When you look at who "gets away with it" - it's painfully obvious.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}