Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 1/3
Plz consider shopping at LOCAL, non-chain markets, whenever possible.

"Grocery prices remain stubbornly high, having jumped by 25% in 4 years. Retailers have contended that the higher prices merely reflect their greater costs, but the FTC found data that INDICATE OTHERWISE." 👀 #greedflation
01:26 PM - Mar 26, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 2/3
"Food and beverage retailers saw their revenue rise to 6% over total costs in 2021 — higher than the previous peak of 5.6% in 2015. Then in the first three quarters of 2023, they went even higher — to 7%, the report said."
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 3/3
“Notably, consumers are still facing the negative impact of the pandemic’s price hikes, as the Commission’s report finds that 👉 some in the grocery retail industry seem to have used rising costs as an opportunity to further raise prices to increase their profits, which remain elevated today 👈.”
Barbara Saunders-Jones
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
That's a great idea! However, in small cities & towns, chains & big box stores have mostly run locals out of business. 😠
11:13 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Barbara Saunders-Jones.
Yes, I know they have, that's why I said "whenever possible." However, for many of us, there is at least one alternative local food market to chain supermarkets & they often have better prices & fresher & more diverse produce, fish, etc. In my area, those are mostly great ethnic markets.
10:48 AM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}