Richard
A
Always a good sign when someone pleads the 5th in defense of his law license at a proceeding where he may lose his law license.
Allwftopic @Allwftopic
Ron Filipkowski:

At his Bar disciplinary hearing today, Trump’s former AAG and co-conspirator Jeff Clark continues to plead the 5th Amendment and refuse to answer questions. (Audio only).
02:37 PM - Mar 27, 2024
02:50 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Richard.
Forgive my ignorance but isn't this a professional hearing not a criminal trial therefore the 5th wouldn't apply? Also isn't the Bar a private collection of lawyers so again why would the 5th apply?
02:57 PM - Mar 27, 2024 (Edited)
Richard
A
Nah good question. It can be used in civil proceedings where there *could be* criminal implications.
In response to Angela.
02:59 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Richard.
My degree is in Public Admin which required me to take a couple law classes which I found fascinating. I never wanted to be a lawyer though because legalese makes me feel like my head's going to explode. Still I respect the legal profession and appreciate them holding guys like this to account.
03:07 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Richard
A
In response to Angela.
Ah I see. You got the perfect job from it and you're happy.

No regrets. I try to keep the legalese out cause the wherefors and comes now get exhausting.🤣 Sometimes something comes along that makes you proud to have accomplished. Sometimes...
03:22 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Richard.
Got ya. If he's not willing to defend himself it seems like disbarment is a foregone conclusion then so why not just surrender it as you said below.
03:01 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Richard
A
In response to Angela.
Exactly. Hell of a defense. 🤣🤣🤣I guess there's a possibility that it may not be relevant to losing his license but that's his lawyer's problem...and his.🤣🤣🤣
03:04 PM - Mar 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}