THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 1/10
So, for those who are no longer on the bird app, I've been discussing over there my challenges and journey with Anxiety and Panic Disorders, Major Depressive Disorder, and cPTSD. I've been back in therapy and I'm on new medication that is also supposed to help with perimenopause symptoms (Effexor).
02:55 PM - Mar 27, 2024 (Edited)
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 2/10
also started taking Lisinopril for my blood pressure, because it was REALLY high. All my bloodwork and labs came back well within normal ranges, and after my most recent follow-up appointment (today), my doctor is now certain my high blood pressure is directly tied to my anxiety. When they first
02:55 PM - Mar 27, 2024
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 3/10
took my blood pressure this morning, it was 164/104. Of course, it led to me almost having a panic attack, so I took a few to lie down and do some deep breathing. It went down to 158/80. Still high, but the lower number dropped significantly. And because I also have white coat syndrome in addition
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 4/10
to all of my disorders, my doctor wants me to take my blood pressure first thing in the morning when I'm relaxed to see if we can get a more accurate reading. If it's still within normal range, then my current dose of Lisinopril will stay the same. If it's elevated, she wants to increase the dosage
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 5/10
until we get my anxiety under control then try weaning me off. She also wants to increase my Effexor dose for the next two weeks to see how I do, and will likely increase it again after that. Right now I'm on the minimum dose and I seem to be improving a *little* with it. Meaning I'm not having
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 6/10
several panic attacks in the span of just two to three days. I haven't had a full panic attack since about two weeks after starting Effexor. But I do still have high anxiety every day. I'm just able to stop the panic attacks coming on. I'm also in therapy and see my therapist every two weeks, so
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 7/10
that absolutely helps. It's going to be a long road. But even the small steps I've made help and reassure me that I'll get to "ok" at some point. Patience doesn't come easily with anxiety disorder though. Whew.

Doctor says I've been doing everything right in limiting my sodium intake, exercising,
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 8/10
limiting caffeine, and watching my nutrition. Another reason she thinks blood pressure is anxiety linked. But add on to all this that I'll also be quitting smoking. So...there's a lot going on at the same time and life is about to get really fun. And because my anxiety has been so horrible, I've
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 9/10
also made the decision to try to be more active over here since that other app has pretty much been invaded by bots of all stripes and all it does is make me more anxious. I'll still be spending the biggest chunk of my online time there because I have so many mutuals there who are not here or on
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 10/10
other platforms yet and I don't want to lose contact. But I think it will likely be better for my mental help to spend time on other platforms with fewer trolls and much less abuse.

Anyway...just wanted to get all this out there.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}