Higgins_tj
A
Can any Australians (or Tasmanians) with U.S. knowledge confirm this?
05:59 PM - Mar 27, 2024 (Edited)
Su. Ho.
A
In response to Higgins_tj.
I’m from Western Australia and don’t trust any map that misspells Fremantle!
Western Australia is large and diverse so comparing to a single US state and proposing equivalence is drawing a very long bow.
Also, all Tasmanians are Australians but not all Australians are Tasmanians.
03:41 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Steve Lee
A
In response to Su. Ho..
At least you guys got Texas. Outside of political leadership, Texas is a cool state to visit, one of our favourites.
We got Alabama & Louisiana, states we’ve visited but have no pressing need to go back 😂. Given I live in the land of theme parks and retired people, not sure why we’re not Florida.
03:57 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Steve Lee
A
This is interesting. I live in South-East Queensland (SEQ) and it's definitely nothing like Louisiana. We've travelled around Louisiana and maybe only the commonality is sometimes the weather is similar. But Jacqueline has it right, definitely think Florida for SE Queensland.
03:16 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Steve Lee
A
In response to Steve Lee.
North Queensland gets pretty tropical weather-wise. Alabama definitely doesn't come to mind. I think it's more like the dessert parts of Arizona.
Oregon is a good comparison for Tasmania. Rains a lot, quite cold, but it's got a lot of natural beauty. Very underrated tourist destination.
03:19 AM - Mar 30, 2024 (Edited)
Jacqueline
A
I sent this to my family in Australia. My sister in law is a dual citizen who was born in Chicago and has lived in Melbourne for over 30 years and her husband is a Sydney native. They had some different perspectives, but it’s longer than 300 characters, so I will have to break it up.
10:30 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Jacqueline
A
In response to Jacqueline.
Victoria is much more like Chicago than New York in terms of economy and politics and general vibe (other than having an ocean coastline), Sydney is more like New York than New Jersey, NT is more like Louisiana (which has gators) than Florida,
10:32 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Higgins_tj
A
In response to Jacqueline.
wow! thanks for the run down
11:01 PM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}