Katie Kadwell
A
So poor folks shouldn’t expect to be able to have the joys of parenthood if they want? In a world where rich white men won’t pay their fair share, won’t pay a living wage, and continually take away our rights, including to choose NOT to parent??? Fuck you.
Dad The Geek @Rathmon
I just read an article about a family of 6- wife, husband, and 4 children- that can’t afford olive oil and bread.

I’m all “boo-effing-hoo” and wondering why they chose to have 4 children when they can’t afford it?

Make it make sense?
10:17 PM - Mar 28, 2024
12:23 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Julia Murray
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
Making bread is easier than making babies. Growing up, I don't remember olive oil in our kitchen. There was Crisco. I don't see the point. Poverty isn't birth control, and doesn't determine who has babies, and who's kids are eating bread and olive oil?
08:31 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
In response to Julia Murray.
Bread and olive oil is a tradition in southern Italy, where olive oil is more prevalent and cheaper than butter. And per calorie it probably still is even in most US grocery stores. 🤷🏻‍♀️
08:42 AM - Mar 29, 2024
WestCoaster
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
And if they would have chosen not to have some of those children but were forced to birth them??
12:46 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
In response to WestCoaster.
Exactly!
06:17 AM - Mar 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}