Roni Nicole
A
thread 1/7
The day after opening night I am filled with such deep gratitude…but also with an intense and unyielding sadness.
08:08 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Roni Nicole
A
thread 2/7
💔
I would have texted you after the show and told you how everything went, and you would've listened so attentively and asked so many questions and then said ‘I am proud of you, sis’ in that way that made me feel SO seen and that would have made my heart inflate like a balloon.
Roni Nicole
A
thread 3/7
🥹 One thing that was really important to me was how you saw me, you were such a truly phenomenal woman that it encouraged me to carry myself just the same. I always felt like I had to impress my big sister.
Roni Nicole
A
thread 4/7
😏
Tonight as we move into night two of this incredible show that I had so hoped you would be here to see…I'm holding you in my heart as I perform on that stage. This is HARD. SO SO SO hard Em. I'm unmoored, yet again. I'm moving, but I'm floundering.
Roni Nicole
A
thread 5/7
I'm living in a state of despondency and discontent. But I also know that even through all of this? You would look me in my eyes and tell me ‘You got this, Sis’ and I would actually believe you.
Roni Nicole
A
thread 6/7
You had a way of cutting to the core of people and giving us exactly what we needed, even in the simplest of expressions...🥺
To my sister, my friend, and a giant amongst the stars…dedicate this performance to you. I love you and I miss you Em…no matter how hard…I got this.
Roni Nicole
A
thread 7/7
✨💜

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}