Shawn Scott
A
I’m a single nb remodeling a house on my own. When I put in this pellet stove last fall, I didn’t have an extra $800 for a tiny #hearth pad. I did have leftover backer board, silver spray paint, and some fancy duck brand tape. Voila!
#dailypicturetheme
04:56 PM - Mar 29, 2024 (Edited)
SeattleBlueGull
A
In response to Shawn Scott.
you should look it up, but you many want a layer of asbestos in that floor-protector sandwich. You want to protect your house if it is needed.''
11:11 PM - Mar 30, 2024
Shawn Scott
A
In response to SeattleBlueGull.
I appreciate the concern. Pellet stoves don’t get that hot. The only area that really needs protection is when the door opens if you’re still burning and a lil ember or spark escapes. It can fall on the floor. That concrete backer is 5/8 thick with a piece of fire blanket as a pad on the bottom.
10:31 AM - Mar 31, 2024
RA
A
In response to Shawn Scott.
Is it considered a nonflammable material, or is that not a concern with pellet stoves?
04:58 PM - Mar 29, 2024
Shawn Scott
A
In response to RA.
It is non flammable as it’s made of concrete impregnated substrate. It’s a concern only for the door opening area. Pellet stoves have way less code adherence that wood burning stoves do. I’m too old to haul wood any more. This is more my speed and works on geni backup power if needed.
05:00 PM - Mar 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}