Annie Bee Good
A
Many who call themselves Christians are actually Pharisees.

*images of the text of Matthew 23 where Jesus warns against hypocrisy
**despite selecting the images in order they uploaded out of order, but the point is still made
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Mike Johnson, in response to Biden recognizing Trans Visibility Day (every year on 3/31): "The Biden White House has betrayed the central tenet of Easter — which is the resurrection of Jesus Christ." Such vile bigotry. The GOP is simply evil.
12:52 AM - Mar 31, 2024
08:06 AM - Mar 31, 2024 (Edited)
Max Skepticos
B
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Joseph wore the coat of ‘many colors.’
10:26 AM - Mar 31, 2024
Brian Tatem
B
Another example of the only people Jesus loathed. He never spoke out against any other group and certainly not as vehemently as hypocrites. He spoke out against hypocrisy over and over again. Never said anything about abortion, gays, trans folks and it all existed at time too. Priorities.
09:23 AM - Mar 31, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Brian Tatem.
I would caution against saying that Jesus loathed anyone as he commanded all to love everyone and sacrificed his life as the example of his love, but he certainly loathed religious hypocrisy & rebuked those who use religious stature for power & personal gain.
09:33 AM - Mar 31, 2024
Jamie Olson
A
Just a heads-up: using pharisee as a slur could be seen as insensitive to our Jewish friends, at best
08:20 AM - Mar 31, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Jamie Olson.
I do appreciate that. I'm not using it as a slur. I'm using it in the historical context of the beliefs & practices & how Christianity was a different social & philosophical movement. Many use the label of Christ with moral superiority without following the teachings for which the movement is named.
08:33 AM - Mar 31, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}