TAE
A
thread 1/3
'Guilt tipping' is getting out of control, but signs show consumers are pushing back.
I tip. I believe in tipping; however, I do not enjoy the 'guilt' of tipping. Employers should pay their employees a living wage instead of counting on tips to pay their bills. Corp greed in America is out of contr
12:14 PM - Mar 31, 2024
TAE
A
thread 2/3
Control. I think that we are in the 2nd Gilded Age. Thankfully, Biden is attempting to do something about this, but as always, he has an uphill battle because of the GOP. We can change that. We can #VoteBlueToSaveDemocracy
12:14 PM - Mar 31, 2024
TAE
A
I don't consider that a guilt tip. To me, guilt tipping comes when you pay a bit more for a service, the tip is baked in and yet you are guilted into paying a tip on top of a tip.
Your cleaning lady works hard, and probably doesn't get paid what she is worth, so yeah, she works for those tips.
In response to Char.
12:25 PM - Mar 31, 2024
Char
A
In response to TAE.
Oh yes, I see the distinction. Overtipping out of guilt is a me problem 😂 but, joking aside, I do it to help her out because she does a great job. Even though I can't afford to at the moment...

I wish people would get paid better. This isn't a problem in other countries.
12:30 PM - Mar 31, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}