Bad Hombre Resistor
A
THIS is how repubs wield so much power despite often having a smaller share of the electorate. Those guys play hardball and DGAF. We need to get our shit together and fight equally hard for our democracy.
10:15 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Christine
A
In response to Bad Hombre Resistor.
Fighting hard for our Democracy means voting for Democratic candidates.
10:19 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
In response to Christine.
McConnell single handedly stole 2 SCOTUS seats. There is a way to get his senate seat if he dies in office. We need to think like they do.
10:23 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Christine
A
Is authoritarianism acceptable when our side does it?
The Democratic way is to vote out the criminals, not become them.
03:18 PM - Mar 29, 2024
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
I'm certainly not advocating for authoritarianism. But when it comes to something like gerrymandering, will we ever end it if only the GOP ever does it? Nope. Our only hope is to ALSO do it so egregiously that SCOTUS has no choice but to outlaw the practice.
11:14 PM - Mar 31, 2024
Christine
A
How about Congress make it illegal? In fact they're already talking about it. You don't stop criming by doing it yourself.
11:25 PM - Mar 31, 2024
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
I think it would be great if Congress would make it illegal. But districts are so gerrymandered to the GOP's benefit today that it'll never. I'm just suggesting Dems pull the legal levers that they control.
11:33 AM - Apr 01, 2024
Christine
A
Then vote in enough Democrats to get those laws enacted in a uniform manner. Meanwhile, here are the legal remedies being applied to fix the problem:
https://www.brennancenter....
12:05 PM - Apr 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}