Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/4
I've been having a hard time getting this link to not get removed when I post. Trying again.

This is a Cory Doctorow piece on AIs and some of the major limitations and pitfalls of the technology.

https://pluralistic.net/20...
04:41 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/4
It's an easy read as Cory is good at bringing the complex to a more understandable level. The upshot here is that AIs replacing people is not happening soon and he gives the reasons why. As productivity enhancers, AIs hold a ton of promise and are being used in that role a lot now.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/4
There are huge problems that emerge though as soon as you start putting high stakes decision making into the hands of an AI. That's where this piece really shines. It frustrates me because CEOs are holding off on new hiring while they sign 9 figure contracts with AI
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/4
companies thinking they'll be able to fire half their staff in 6 months. This won't happen. The big promise of AI is about to be broken. There are a lot of wildly overvalued AI companies out there right now and a bunch of CEOs that are going to be left with egg on their face.
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
I've submitted a big report for this issue. It happens if there isn't a specifically defined image to display on the linked site. The only workaround right now is to leave the full link in the post. This does reduce the available text space for your Spout.
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
05:54 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to 🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉.
Excellent. Thanks. Glad it wasn't something I was doing wrong.
06:04 PM - Apr 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}