Puckarama
A
thread 1/7
Something really great just happened to me and I want to share it because we need good stories!
I was walking into the hardware store. Walking, very slowly, toward me was an elderly Indian woman. As I neared her she held eye contact, held her arm out a bit, and asked if I would walk with her and
09:53 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
thread 2/7
support her as the distance to the T-mobile store was further than she thought. Of course I agreed to help.
She said she is really good at reading people and faces and could tell I was kind and have a kind heart.
Now, nobody has ever said this about me. I am built like a brick shithouse, head
Puckarama
A
thread 3/7
shaved bald, goatee, face and nose of a life spent in hockey, and a look that most have described as intense or intimidating. Attractive, approachable, and kind are not used to describe me. Not because I try - that’s just how I look.
Now, she had to stop every few steps along the maybe 60-70 foot
Puckarama
A
thread 4/7
distance we were walking - apologizing each time and me assuring her it was no problem. As we walked she explained that she put her groceries(grocery store was next to the hardware store) in her car and then felt like walking on such a nice day would be good for her.
As we neared T-Mobile she said
Puckarama
A
thread 5/7
that she would look for someone to walk her back when she was done. I immediately offered to go retrieve her car and drive it around for. She said she trusted me but was concerned it was taking too much of my time. I assured her it was no problem and retrieved her car and serendipitously found a
Puckarama
A
thread 6/7
spot in front of T-Mobile. She was almost tearful and told me to grab one of the Lily plants from her car for my garden, assuring me she had bought two. I let her she still had two and she could call on me anytime she sees me. She said my kindness “glows bright.”
Anyway, her saying such nice
Puckarama
A
thread 7/7
things to me and offering me a lily plant were the sweetest thing in the world and I was so pleased to have been met with such random kindness today.
Sooooo, don’t get overwhelmed with the negativity.
There are beautiful people out there and one of them just shed her light on me!
Peace
Fiona Bski
A
In response to Puckarama.
Aw, this is a great story! Always glad to hear positive things, thanks!
09:53 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Fiona Bski.
💜
10:13 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Klobby L
A
Love this. Thank you for sharing it with us and for spreading your light in the world. ♥️
08:33 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Klobby L.
I was fortunate to be at the right place when I had the opportunity to help. This woman is a gem!!
10:50 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Michelle King
A
This is such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it.
07:44 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Michelle King.
Thank you for reading it, Michelle! I was so fortunate to be there and have the opportunity to help. She was such and kind and gentle soul. Have an amazing day!
10:46 AM - Apr 02, 2024

Only followers of this user (Renaissance_Mom) can see their posts

hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
Puck, I absolutely love this. Thank you for sharing this little moment with us tonight!

As intimidating as you might look on the outside, this lady certainly read your inner self and was 100% right about you. You do have a kind heart. 💜

I appreciate you, Puck.
12:31 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Thank you. You are too kind, Heather. This woman was a gentle soul and I just want people to celebrate this as this is the world we are all trying to fight for. I was honored she trusted me to help her today.
12:36 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Pamela
A
❤️❤️
11:20 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Pamela.
Thanks, Pamela! What a great moment to be part of - pleased I could share it with folks that can appreciate it!
01:05 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
This an affirmation that the elderly can look right through us and hone in directly into the heart. She picked you, and you showed her exactly why she picked you, “a heart of gold” 💛💫
11:03 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to Carmen Derbedrossian.
I love your comment, Carmen
12:52 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Carmen Derbedrossian.
This is such a kind thing to say, Carmen. I’m still a work in progress, to be sure. But this woman, Benni, is a treasure. I sure hope our paths cross again. Have a wonderful night.
01:13 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.
It should never be remarkable that a human helped another human, but it is.
So for all those who do help in whatever way, it matters, you did a great and loving thing.
10:42 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Thank you, Carla! I shared it because it seems like the negative get so much coverage and yet small miracles happening every day get overlooked. I hope by sharing that we can all look a little harder and find and celebrate the kindness! It’s out there just waiting to be recognized!
01:33 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Licia
A
Your actions with the elderly woman matches the spirit you show us with your words here. I'm sure that same spirit allows people to see ALL of you in the flesh.
10:42 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Licia.
Thank you, Licia! For reading and for the kind words! So pleased I could be there to help her today - she had such a gentle, reassuring nature. My lucky day!
Hope all is well with you in Japan!
01:42 AM - Apr 02, 2024
IMO
A
This is simply lovely.
10:26 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Rosetta
A
I’m happy that you were the recipient of such kind words today. But honestly, the way you described yourself physically, is almost just as I always imagined you looked - ruggedly handsome with a kind heart.
10:16 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Rosetta.
I appreciate you so much, Ms. Rosie. We only get one kick at the can - I try my best to get it right. This woman is the star of this story - such trust and kindness and bringing light to us all!
02:01 AM - Apr 02, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}