M Briatack
A
thread 1/7
Haven't regularly posted in a while because.. well, I've been depressed. A few years back, one of my dogs went through surgeries I rehabbed her through. I was so successful, I went back to school to get licensed in Veterinary Medicine as an LVT to help dogs. I left a career gigging in film and TV..
10:14 PM - Apr 01, 2024 (Edited)
M Briatack
A
thread 2/7
In my few years in Vet Med, I have dealt with more malignant narcissism than dealing with actors (it's a stereotype). I have had comments about my ethnicity leveled at me which were supposedly meant to be "harmless." The animal hospital I work at specializes in surgeries, mostly orthopedic.
10:14 PM - Apr 01, 2024
M Briatack
A
thread 3/7
Other surgeries involve cancerous mass removals. Sometimes entire limbs had to get removed. I would see a dog's leg on a table next to the O.R. I have dealt with reactive, aggressive pets, often times in pain prior to or after surgery. It's gotten to be too much. I have dreaded going to work.
10:14 PM - Apr 01, 2024 (Edited)
M Briatack
A
thread 4/7
I come home mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. I feel I have no quality of life because of the horrors of this job. Staff have been leaving left and right. We can't get enough people to replace those left or leaving. That's more pressure on us who remain. Today was painful.
M Briatack
A
thread 5/7
I didn't want to go to work. I went through the day like a zombie. The screams got to me, Being dragged in a hundred directions to help animals got to me. I stress eat. I'm too tired to work out. I feel I have no quality of life with this career. Worse, I know I have to quit before my mental and
M Briatack
A
thread 6/7
physical health suffer beyond repair. I might be already there. I feel like a failure, I had great intentions to do real good, but it is too much for me. The hospital feels like a madhouse. I came home today and collapsed on the floor. My dogs were all over me, trying to comfort me.
M Briatack
A
thread 7/7
Tomorrow will be hard, I have to say goodbye. I hope they understand that I can't do this anymore. I hope they let me go on the spot instead of expecting me to adhere to the 2 weeks notice norm. I can't take this anymore. I had to vent....
Debbie Lu
A
In response to M Briatack.
I’m sorry. That is such a sad and lonely place to be emotionally. I am glad you are choosing you over the work, no matter how important. Take time to reflect and heal. I hope you find a way to get back into animal care in a new way and in a more supportive, less threatening environment. 🐕🦴❤️
11:47 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
Really sorry to hear that - been there. Jobs you either love, or that make you feel like you're making positive change (or both), are the toughest to give up when it becomes clear you can't, anymore. Frustrating doesn't even begin to approach it.
10:55 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Rosetta
A
I’m happy you feel safe enough here to vent and share your frustration, depression and heartache. It’s extremely difficult to leave something that you once had a strong passion for. You’ll have a difficult road to recovery but you WILL eventually heal. Sending you much love, hugs, and healing light.
10:29 PM - Apr 01, 2024
M Briatack
A
In response to Rosetta.
Thank you. It's bad right now.
10:30 PM - Apr 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}