Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/6
When you work with seniors you've got to learn to care way beyond collecting their rent and taking their work orders. You have to care about missed rides, aides that don't show up, packages delivered, beef between neighbors, lost walking apparatus, visitors, behavior changes....you have like 6 jobs.
08:53 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/6
Mr. Joe has been sitting in the lobby a while. I went out into the vestibule to turn off the call box, it was giving off a loud busy signal. I came back and asked, "you hanging in there, Mr. Joe?" Mr. Joe has CP, he talks slowly and with a bit of a slur. My bestie's mom has CP so I understand him.
08:56 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/6
He said he was waiting for his CCT ride, that's transportation for seniors. He said they were always extra slow when it rains. I told him ok, and to knock if he needed anything. The building isn't my job, heck the compliance isn't even your full job (you're paid for it), the people are the job.
08:58 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/6
That's why I pay no attention to Boomer Boss when I make them copies, fix their phones, work on their welfare paperwork, call them for deliveries left downstairs, go to their apartments for signatures instead of making them come to us, little things that make their lives easier as residents.
09:00 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/6
We have jobs and it's important that we do them thoroughly and well. But there are people on the end of those jobs, and those people are some of the most vulnerable. So sometimes caring for them is part of the territory. You can call me a softy and some people have, but they're human beings.
09:03 AM - Apr 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/6
They've come to like and trust me in about 8 weeks. They worry I'll quit because I actually care, and I'm told the ones who actually care always leave. I told them I just got a rent increase so I have to stay. I was joking, but I wanted them to feel comfortable. I'm here to stay for a good while.
09:05 AM - Apr 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}