Muse Princess Jean
A
Hmmm...🤔🤔🤔
So Mitch McConnell is in for rehab therapy.
🤔🤔🤔
For a "concussion" suffered in a fall?
Okay, I'll bite; when did that become a thing? Bc last time I got a concussion, the 'rehab' therapy' was go home after 24 hours of observation.
So why is he still in the hospital?
🤔🤔🤔🤷‍♀️
07:39 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Muse Princess Jean.
When you become a "certain age" time spent non-ambulatory can cause a rapid loss of muscle strength and rehab is common for any injury that requires a stay in the hospital, especially if loss of balance caused the fall. And it's very possible that there were additional injuries not being shared.
08:30 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Muse Princess Jean
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Just found out he also broke a rib in the fall, so now a hospital stay makes sense, especially given he's 81 years old. Ugh. I don't envy him at ALL. I'm 55 and am dreading the physical restrictions in the years to come...😊☮️
09:03 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
I've experienced a number of older relatives requiring hospitalization for injuries that I would've been sent home after treatment, and I've witnessed how quickly physical weakness occurs after just a few days in bed. Keep moving and start focusing on balance exercises!
09:07 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Muse Princess Jean
A
Thank you, Annie, I will and that's great advice. I'm so afraid of becoming a burden. 😊💜☮️
In response to Annie Bee Good.
09:08 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
It's been eye opening for me!
09:09 AM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}