Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
After several false starts and a few (ok SEVERAL) rounds of cussing, I can do cables!! I way excited!! #SpoutibleMakes #knitting
09:08 PM - Feb 19, 2024
Pam
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
Hey, Melissa! how is the sweater coat project going?
I finally finished the body again & figured out the live stitch instructions under the arms. (YouTube) Persistence.
It's drying now and I'll start the front bands this evening. #knitting
02:31 PM - Apr 02, 2024
A
In response to Pam.
Your picture has be SOOO helpful. I restarted the body and my first cable section turn out exactly right. I wrote down everything I did (just in case), but it may work this time!! Thank you so much!!!
09:16 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Pam
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
Hey, are you familiar with reading charts?

It only shows the right side of the fabric, so you read it right to left for the right side and left to right for the wrong side.

Otherwise your cables will be backwards.
09:28 PM - Apr 03, 2024
A
In response to Pam.
Oh I have that down. The ladders were my own fault with tension. I wasn't paying enough attention when I'd do the last stitch from the cable needle and then the next stich would be too loose. The cables were correct...with holiness. Ha ha.
06:53 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Pam
A
Cool. I had to start over on the back because I had read the chart the wrong way and did all the cables the wrong way in the first pass.

Yes. Tension is the hardest part of cables...especially ones that are this wide!...plus adding stitches in the middle of it.
10:31 AM - Apr 04, 2024
A
In response to Pam.
I did that once in a lace shawl for several rows. It was my first time, and I had to start all over. It happens.
10:45 AM - Apr 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}