RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/8
Now...I have said that just if the USA, or the UK were to stop selling Arms, that Israel would get them from somewhere else. Now I think the USA, and the UK (behind the scenes) can make Israel's life miserable including cutting aid/weapons...with other Allies on board.
11:00 AM - Apr 04, 2024
A
thread 2/8
At the same time, we do have to make sure to remember one thing. Hamas has also used the Palestinian people as human shields by putting military infrastructure in places like homes, schools, hospitals, mosques, etc. Now, if you're angry with what's going on, be angry with Netanyahu.
A
thread 3/8
Netanyahu and his far-right government decided to attack beyond violently. It's known that there is a right to self-defense. However, the rules of engagement/Geneva conventions must be adhered to. For example, aid workers/chaplains/medics are off limits. That is, what happened with the WCK crew.
A
thread 4/8
Was not supposed to happen at all, and that was targeted. Also chaplains of all religions are considered non combatants, the same as medics. Netanyahu must step down for his own good, and for Israel's on good. Hamas must also step down for the good of the Palestinian people's own good.
A
thread 5/8
Now remember this. While no leader can tell Netanyahu what to do (or Hamas for that matter) they can apply serious pressure. This is the time for such pressure to be applied not only for a cease fire, but also for Netanyahu and his far-right government to be replaced.
A
thread 6/8
Also Netanyahu and Hamas must be held responsible for war crimes. I don't say this lightly. Also it's now up to the ICC to determine the charges, not Biden, not Congress, or anybody else. The ICC has to determine if there's been any crimes committed.
A
thread 7/8
In this case, an independent investigation is only way to get to the truth. Remember, if you're angry at Biden for what Netanyahu has done, then you have to step back and realize the bigger picture. Biden didn't force Netanyahu to attack, nor did he force him to target noncombatants.
A
thread 8/8
Also if you're angry at Biden for the deaths of the civilians, Keep in mind he's been behind the scenes trying to get Netanyahu to be reasonable, and to minimize the casualties, and to not use aid as a weapon of war. Because at this point, his patience has run out.
George Bishop
A
There have been reports of angry Biden behind the scenes for months. If they were actually true, something would have happened by now. Still voting for Biden, but this is a horrible stain on his admin and the US.
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
11:50 AM - Apr 04, 2024
3Cs
A
In response to George Bishop.
I could not disagree more. Biden did not create this, it is no stain on him or his admin. But as for Israel, yes, Netanyahu is their stain.
12:41 PM - Apr 04, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to George Bishop.
I don't think Biden getting angry and then just doing what he wants or what we tell him is how this works. Civilians do not have the entire security-briefed, economic, diplomatic picture of how this works. I don't absolve the US of its role. I also don't assume it's as simple as we want it to be.
12:00 PM - Apr 04, 2024
George Bishop
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Oh, I know it's not simple, but if US law says not to sell arms to people breaking international law, we should stop selling arms to people breaking international law. The Israeli soldiers post to the internet as they do it, so it's not like they're hiding it from the US.
12:19 PM - Apr 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}