Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 1/6
"Beyond America’s moral complicity in the bloodbath in Gaza, there is also politics — here in America and in Israel.

Americans are no longer willing to provide unconditional support to the Israeli government as it kills or starves ever more Palestinians." #gazaisstarving #stopthegenocidenow
04:40 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 2/6
"Many Democratic voters are unhappy with Biden’s inability or unwillingness to confront Netanyahu, the most rightwing Prime Minister of the most rightwing government Israel has ever had. "
#netanyahuapartheidgovt #netanyahuisacriminal
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 3/6
"Netanyahu, for his part, needs to keep this war going for his own political survival. He knows that if the war stops, he is probably going to lose power. '
#netanyahuisawarcriminal #israelstopbombinggaza #gazaairstrikes #nomoremilitaryaidtoisrael #netanyahuisacriminal #netanyahuresignnow
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 4/6
"We can and we must get tough with Netanyahu. The U.S. government has the authority to suspend an arms package any time before delivery."
#stoparmingisrael #ceasefireandaidnow
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 5/6
"Granted, it is politically difficult to confront an Israeli Prime Minister. I was in the Clinton administration when Netanyahu met with him in June of 1996. I heard Clinton explode after that meeting, “Who’s the fucking superpower here?”"
#standuptoaipac #dotherightthing #stopgenocideingaza
Suzanne Chowla
A
thread 6/6
"But there comes a time when 🇺🇲 must stand up even to our closest allies when those allies are in the wrong. In 1956, Dwight Eisenhower threatened sanctions if the Israelis did not withdraw from Sinai. That was just before an 🇺🇲 election. The Israelis did withdraw. Eisenhower was reelected."
Blue Democrat
B
And you didn't mention that over 350,000 Republicans voted against Trump. Nikki Haley took 27% of the primary vote alone. There is no way Trump will win Michigan with that many voters against him. Even if he lost 5% of those voters he will easily lose.
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
07:48 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Blue Democrat.
You seem to equate primaries with actual elections. They are not actual elections. They aren't even binding. Ppl vote goofy in them. Primary voters are not representative of General Election voters. Few Haley voters will vote for Biden. 23% of reg voters turned out for primary vs 71% in 2020 General
08:34 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
There's absolutely no reason to be super confident that Biden will prevail. I volunteer on voter turnout efforts in swing states @ least 5 hrs per week. I'm on the National Organizing Calls with Biden, Harris & the campaign staff. They convey that we should fully expect another squeaker & work HARD.
08:40 PM - Apr 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}