jocelynjtweet
A
thread 1/5
Had my first physical in a few years yesterday (I know, I know). Went in feeling good. I’m 58, and I only weigh 10 lbs more than I did in college. I exercise, I eat pretty well, don’t smoke, etc. I’d had fasting blood work done about a week before.
09:53 PM - Apr 04, 2024
jocelynjtweet
A
thread 2/5
Fasting isn’t a big deal for me. I generally don’t eat breakfast on weekdays. Anyway. Vitals are good. BP a touch low, but that’s normal for me. Got the EKG done, and then the doc comes in. He immediately hands me my blood work results and starts pointing out issues.
jocelynjtweet
A
thread 3/5
My cholesterol was too high, especially the LDL. I was a bit surprised by this because I’d had a test at a health fair at work about 2 years ago and it was perfectly fine. The thing that really surprised me was that the blood work showed I am in the pre-diabetic range by a tenth of a point.
jocelynjtweet
A
thread 4/5
I was shocked by this. Ok I like sweets, but I’m not crazy. Moderation is key. So, going to have to be a bit more careful with my diet. Doc put me on a statin for the cholesterol, and I’ll get rechecked in July. I’ll be sure I’m fully hydrated as that might have impacted the sugar result.
jocelynjtweet
A
thread 5/5
Keep your fingers crossed for me. No family history of diabetes, and maybe I was a bit dehydrated? Anyway, I’m hoping that both numbers drop in July….
Thanks for listening!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}