Tracy I
A
Spriends I was talking art museums with Linda this morning and was wondering , what’s your favorite painting or exhibit that you’ve seen in person??? 🖼️
Linda Eisenstein @LindaEisenstein
Stopped at the Museum to see Monet in Focus: 3 paintings on loan from the Musée Marmottan + 2 from Cleveland's collection, including a crown jewel: the huge Water Lilies that usually dominates the Impressionist room. I'll never forget seeing the whole triptych together here. More in ALT-TEXT
03:16 PM - Apr 02, 2024
08:53 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Sue Lee
A
In response to Tracy I.
Favorite painting - Starry Night, Van Gogh at MOMA
Favorite set of paintings- Van Gogh collection at The Met, NYC.
11:46 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Tracy I
A
Guessing these also look far different than the smaller version you see on greeting cards and whatnot. Like everyone we did see the “Van Gogh Experience” thing. It’s a unique perspective but to me too far removed from the artist’s experience to be the same works. I prefer some of the actuals.
In response to Sue Lee.
12:02 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Sue Lee
A
In response to Tracy I.
Oh, yes they did! I took this pic of Wheat field with Cypress from the side so I could remember the texture and brush strokes I marveled at while I was at The Met. Amazing! 😊
07:37 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Tracy I
A
In response to Sue Lee.
That’s a great idea, taking a picture of what caught your eye vs framing the art traditionally!
07:59 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}