EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
Maybe it isn't that someone rallied their clique against me.
Maybe what I said actually did offend a mass of people.
07:48 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
Nobody should be rallying any team, gang or clique against anybody. If you’re not happy with what somebody says, there are two options - Mute or Block. Either cleans up your timeline wonderfully.
08:25 AM - Apr 05, 2024
A
But sometimes you can't fault a person for trying to explain why something might offend others.
And sometimes many people make the attempt on the same offense.
Sometimes we might ignore one person taking offense; it's harder to ignore when many people agree it's offensive.
In response to David James.
08:32 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
I think I have made one post in the past 16 months of Spoutible that caused enough consternation in people that I deleted it. Of course you can’t always be perfect, What is perfectly acceptable to me as a British phrase may not be acceptable to somebody in America or another country.
08:36 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
If a lot of people find it offensive, it’s time to delete the spout, take away the talking point of the argument, apologise if necessary and stop all this piling on crap. We are all, theoretically, adults.
08:33 AM - Apr 05, 2024
A
In response to David James.
I don't disagree.
My point is that perhaps instead of claiming that one person called all their group to pile on, I (or anyone) should rethink if those people have a point and I should do as you suggest.
08:37 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}