Dee Incognito
A
thread 1/7
We’ll. I’d gotten over my weight loss & cholesterol sadness. Got back to working out and got my resting heart rate down to 58. And then, I woke up this morning and couldn’t straighten my leg without pain in my knee. I guess it’s an ice day. Maybe see this afternoon if I can do a leisurely walk.
10:23 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
thread 2/7
Everything is harder when you get older. Your body gets hurt easier, heals slower, your immune system’s abilities to fight viruses and bacteria slows. Pushing off SS until we’re 70 is nuts. Our bodies can’t handle it.
Dee Incognito
A
thread 3/7
We’ll have people dying on the job. It sounds horrifying to most people, but I swear that’s what Republicans want. Once you can’t work, they want you gone.
Dee Incognito
A
thread 4/7
I'm sure there are people who think "well if you have a desk job you can" but everything we know about health and aging says the opposite. Sitting all day is unhealthy. It causes heart problems and brain problems and muscles atrophy and that doesn't even touch upon daily stress. Granted, if you use
10:28 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
thread 5/7
time off to exercise and eat better and all of that, it helps. But when you're older and your body starts to fail, you end up going to a LOT of DR appts. And then there's no time for exercise, meditation, etc. And yeah, there are exceptions, but we have to write legislation on the majority, not
10:30 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
thread 6/7
that small minority.

And none of what I'm saying is talking about quality of work as we age and health starts to deteriorate (in spite of best efforts).

Okay, gonna end my rant now. I could go on for hours. But we should all be 100% against pretending age is just a number, and increasing the SS
10:32 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
thread 7/7
age. Age is not just a number. Our bodies break down as we get older. Period.
10:33 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Denise in Texas
A
Their plan is to save money by not paying ppl their Social Security because they will have died before they get to 70.
In response to Dee Incognito.
10:29 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
In response to Denise in Texas.
I think it's worse. People will live to age 70. And then they'll collect, and Republicans will hate that and they'll raise the age to 72. And then 75 and on, until they find the age where everybody is dead and that'll be the age they settle on. If they have their way.
10:37 AM - Apr 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}