Andrea Jones
A
Justice Stephen Breyer’s NYT essay is a perfect example of privilege.

Only the privileged can argue that “We all need to calm down, listen to each other and be friends” as this SCOTUS strips away people’s rights. His rights aren’t under threat.

Gift link:
10:44 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Andrea Jones.
Given that it's coming from the same publication that has spent months trying to gaslight us about our chances in November? I'd expect no less.
10:50 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Andrea Jones
A
I definitely think the media is pushing the narrative that this election is closer than it probably is because that drives ratings/ subscriptions/clicks.

But this essay is stunning in its refusal to acknowledge the terrible rulings this court is making and the devastating impacts of those rulings.
In response to Ground Control.
10:59 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Andrea Jones.
Terrible rulings are a major part of SCOTUS history, which is something else that overly chummy essay probably ignores too. It's no different than getting nostalgic about pre-MAGA Republicans in that it ignores the horrors that gentility hides.
11:54 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Ground Control.
I agree with the history of bad rulings. What’s really eye-popping here is the *taking away* of rights people previously had, but I agree that objectionable rulings can be found through t SCOTUS history.
11:57 AM - Apr 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}