Terminator LX
A
Are you a #PSLF program recipient? $60K of my #studentloans were forgiven due to President Biden getting the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program back on track. POTUS is asking PSLF recipients like me to share our stories here: https://track.mail.student...
06:10 PM - Apr 03, 2024
K Inspire2
A
In response to Terminator LX.
Congrats! 🎉 sadly I don’t qualify as I don’t work in public service.
I work as a substitute teacher (though I hold a M.Ed in Higher education. I’m praying and hoping Biden and the administration continue to try to assist ppl in my situation
09:02 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Terminator LX
A
In response to K Inspire2.
Thank you! If I may pry, do you substitute for public schools? Is it a FT job? I think most sub jobs are PT or contract, but if you work FT for a public school or a not for profit school, you qualify for the PSLFP. If not, you might still qualify for some of the forgiveness programs for teachers.
11:15 AM - Apr 04, 2024
K Inspire2
A
I’m not a certified teacher. Thus, why I pursued college level administration.
I sub for public schools. I hope soon substitute teacher educators, can make the list for loan forgiveness or some other avenue. I’m #Hopeful I feel like being an educator even subbing should mean something :-)
06:49 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Terminator LX
A
In response to K Inspire2.
It definitely should! K-12 have a tough job. Plus it's usually on-call PT work so you can't depend on a guaranteed, set amount of money every month like regular teachers. If anyone deserves a break on student loans, it's subs.
12:03 PM - Apr 05, 2024
K Inspire2
A
I agree. Fortunately for me, I’m able
to “choose to sub” and not have to rely on it as my source of income. Some ppl are not in a position to do this and must depend on it.
That being said, as someone with a Masters’ degree period, I feel that Good substitute teachers make a huge difference.
11:25 AM - Apr 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}