Joe JustUs
A
Hope some people aren’t unpleasantly surprised when they look up at the eclipse 😮

https://youtu.be/di_AmJ6wW...
Cicadas could pee on you when they emerge this spring - YouTube

Billions of cicadas will emerge across Illinois this spring, as well as several other states.

09:39 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
I was living in NJ when it was a cicada year. I was working for IBM and about to call on a client. I thought it was my lucky day when I found parking on the street. As soon as I stepped out of my car, I realized open toe shoes were a mistake. I had to use an umbrella even though it was a sunny day.
09:58 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Kathleen F789.
OMG from the pee???
10:23 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
Thankfully the umbrella was just to prevent locusts from falling from trees and nesting in my hair or on my suit. The street was lined with trees, and the sidewalks were littered with cicadas.I didn't want to walk into the client's office with cicadas entangled in my hair like some bizarre Medusa.
03:33 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
I’m very happy things worked out. I’m not a fan of insects.
04:45 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
June 2021 happened to be another year of cicadas in Virginia when I downsized and sold my former house. I remember how we tried to keep the cicadas from coming into the house as the movers and cleaners were there. I took this photo of a standoff between frogs and cicadas on our last night there.
05:19 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Mimi Jones
A
Funny! In Fl, we’d Palmetto🪳🦟 MyStandOff Forces’re little shiny green frog Defenders! 😵‍💫 Sadly InvasiveCarnivorousFrogs (BrownLumpy’s) BeganEating MyDefenders & Bugs Prevailed! 😏 Til I became the BrownLumpyKiller!
08:42 AM - Apr 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}