Susan Simon
A
God Bless Jane Elliott for her decades of inspiration: Ised to show the documentary about her experiment to my 7&8 graders in the 80's and 90's.
12:56 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Caryl D
A
In response to Susan Simon.
The day MLK was assassinated , I was in middle school. We were marched out of school. Lined up against a building across the street by many police…and dismissed after an hour to walk home. Children who went home on buses had to wait for their buses
01:10 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Susan Simon
A
In response to Caryl D.
Wow! I bet you and classmates had tons of unanswered questions. Scary.
10:33 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Caryl D
A
I just realized… I was 7 when JFK was assassinated. After that Malcolm X was assassinated. We were told why we were being dismissed early when MLK was assassinated. And a few months after that. RFK Sr. was shot live on tv and Rosie Greer tackled the gunman.
All while our brothers were inVietnam.
08:24 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Susan Simon
A
I remember that sequence of events from my life too, except a bit older. Seemed like I was living thru very dramatic times…triggered the history major I think and later teaching interests.
In response to Caryl D.
10:19 AM - Apr 08, 2024
Caryl D
A
It too influenced me too. I always wanted to leave the world better than I found it in what small ways I could.
12:37 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Susan Simon
A
In response to Caryl D.
Yes! I think that was the reaction of many of my peers…not all, certainly, but many.
08:01 AM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}