MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/4
“A Potential Mechanism Underlying ME/CFS Development, Aggravation and Comorbidities. Mast cells, present in nearly all human tissues, and eosinophils, found in the gastrointestinal tract, secondary lymphoid tissues, adipose tissue, thymus, mammary gland, and uterus, are tissue-resident cells. #MECFS
06:52 PM - Apr 08, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/4
Aberrant DAMPs and PAMPs signaling cascades can lead to systemic overactivation and degranulation of mast cells and eosinophils, resulting in the release of over a hundred molecules, including potent inflammatory mediators, into the extracellular matrix of connective tissue.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/4
The synergistic activity of mast cells and eosinophils upon systemic activation can skew Th1/Th2 to Th2-immune responses, leading to tissue injuries, autoimmunity, impairment of multiple organs and biological systems as well as causing exercise intolerance and post-exertional malaise in predisposed
MEAction NOW
A
thread 4/4
individuals. Unresolved systemic mast cell and eosinophil overactivation could contribute to the development and aggravation of ME/CFS and related multisystem disorders and comorbidities. The schematic also depicts potential therapeutic targets and biomarkers"
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
I'm not sure, because this is over my head, but it sounds like this is what is going on with my daughter.
07:10 PM - Apr 08, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Low histamine diet https://mastcell360.com
Check if this helps...
08:12 PM - Apr 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}