Yimi_Kyrabo
A
My son's girlfriend called and said, I think I want to keep my last name when me and X are married. I respond 'If Beyonce w/all of her talent and money proudly wears JayZ's last name then... She interrupts and say, 'JayZ is a billionaire, X works at Amazon.' I laughed but she got to go! 😄😅😅
09:42 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Julie BlueWave
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
Here in Greece (of all places) the women always keep their last names.
It was so confusing for me at first as a teacher... who's your Mom?
Than I thought it was too bad that I didn't! 😆
01:33 AM - Apr 09, 2024
R H
A
Whatever rocks her boat, women have rights just like everyone else to keep or change their name as they see fit and we shouldn’t have any say in it period good for her
10:02 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to R H.
In the end she said she was joking. It was an interesting joke... They can't seem to tell me what brought it about. Though, she and my son like to tease me.
10:10 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Klobby L
A
Better than hyphenating. Had a friend do that and she regrets it
09:53 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Klobby L.
Why did she regret it? Maybe I like the idea because I'm a man and I used to the idea of the woman taking the man's last name. Though, it's not an issue for me now. Maybe in my 20s when men were still groomed to be dominate or ignorant (pick your adjective), I might've had an issue w/it.
09:57 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
My youngest sister and my eldest daughter both kept their last names.
09:46 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
It's cool, I guess. As long as the kids take the father's name. I once dated an Ethiopian woman who said its custom in marriage for the woman to keep her last name because she belongs to her father. Kids from the new union get their father's name because they belong to him.
09:53 PM - Apr 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}